Greenwood, IN HVAC Installation
RELAX, WE'RE ON THE WAY
Call (317) 881-7738 anytime... day or night!
Recognizing When to Replace Your HVAC Unit
The first phase of installing a new HVAC system involves understanding whether you need a repair or a replacement. Before you decide that you need a new system, it’s always a smart idea to have the team at Johnson Heating | Cooling | Plumbing provide you with quality repair and inspection services to help you determine if it’s time to replace your HVAC unit.
Some of the most common reasons it’s time to consider replacing your heating or cooling system are:
- Age: A HVAC system, if adequately maintained, lasts approximately 15 to 20 years. Each system’s lifespan will depend on the manufacturer, the type of system, and how well it has been maintained. However, no matter how consistent you are with maintenance, the efficiency of your system will decline as it ages.
- Frequent Repairs: If you find yourself repeatedly fixing your heating and cooling unit, it’s likely time for a replacement. The cumulative cost of constant repairs could exceed the investment required for a new, fully operational system. Needing one repair a season often isn’t a cause for concern, but if you’ve needed more than 2 repairs this year, then you might want to start shopping.
- Expired Warranty: For many home comfort manufacturers include a warranty with their heating and cooling systems. Typically, warranties last around 10 years, and once they expire, repairing your system can become incredibly expensive. Other things can void your warranty as well like a lack of maintenance or improper installation.
- Rising Energy Bills: A surge in your energy bills could be a sign that your HVAC system is operating inefficiently and needs replacement. Many modern home comfort systems are much more energy efficient than older ones.
Selecting the Perfect HVAC System for Your Home
Every home has unique needs and a specific budget for HVAC installation. When you partner with Johnson Heating | Cooling | Plumbing, we’ll assist you in identifying and installing the HVAC unit that best aligns with your project goals.
Factors to consider when choosing a new HVAC system include:
The term ‘size’ in this context refers to the capacity of an HVAC system, not its physical dimensions. You need to consider the entire space of your home that your comfort system will need to regulate. For larger homes or homes with multiple rooms or levels to regulate, selecting the right size unit is crucial for optimizing your HVAC system.
In a world increasingly focused on environmental sustainability, investing in an energy-efficient system is a no-brainer. Not only does this have a positive impact on the environment, but an energy-efficient HVAC unit also requires fewer repairs and results in lower energy bills.
A quiet home is a peaceful home. You don’t want your serenity disturbed by a noisy HVAC system. Many modern units feature adjustable speed fans that allow for control and reduction of noise levels. You may also want to consider where your unit will be installed. If your system will be located outside your bedroom window, you might want to pick a system with low noise levels so it doesn’t disrupt your sleep. Some indoor units can also be noisy, so it’s important to check the noise level of the unit before making a purchase.
Working with a professional HVAC company is a critical part of your HVAC purchasing process. With guidance from our experienced staff at Johnson Heating | Cooling | Plumbing, you can identify the ideal unit for your needs with minimal time, reduced costs, and a smooth transition into our installation services.
Choose From a Variety of HVAC Systems For Your Greenwood Area Home
There are a large number of heating and cooling systems available for your home comfort needs. If your home has an old furnace that you’re looking to replace, you don’t have to settle for another furnace. You can change to a more energy efficient system. At Johnson Heating | Cooling | Plumbing, we have a variety of systems that you can choose from.
- Furnaces – Furnaces are a tried and true heating system that will warm your home quickly. They run on natural gas or electricity, so you can decide which is best for your home.
- Boilers – While boilers may seem old-fashioned, boilers are incredibly energy efficient and great for indoor air quality. In the winter when the air is dry, a boiler system add moisture to the air to prevent your skin from cracking.
- Air Conditioning – Many home owners enjoy to cool and refreshing environments air conditioning creates. Many homeowners use a split system composed of a furnace and an air conditioner to keep their Greenwood area home’s comfortable.
- Heat Pumps – Heat pumps can both heat and cool your home in one efficient unit. If you’re worried about your heat pump not working efficiently in the winter, you can opt for a duel-fuel system which is both a heat pump and a furnace working together. When the weather gets too cold for the heat pump to work well, the furnace will automatically kick on. You’ll still save a lot of energy heating your home, while having a reliable heat source on extra cold days.
- Ductless Mini-Splits – These are units can be installed in one area that is difficult to heat and cool or throughout the entire house. Each unit has it owns controls so you can set the temperature to the occupant’s preference. A ductless mini-split needs to be connected to an outdoor compressor which can be an air conditioner or heat pump. If they are connected to a heat pump, they can heat and cool an area, if they’re connected to an air conditioner, they can only provide cool air.
The Value of Investing in a New HVAC System
You might be apprehensive about the expense or effort required for a new heating or cooling system. Our team at Johnson Heating | Cooling | Plumbing assuages such concerns with prompt, considerate service that is tailored to your family’s needs without straining your finances.
Benefits of a New HVAC System
There are more reasons to switching to a new comfort heating or cooling system than your realise. Some reasons include:
- Enhanced energy efficiency
- Even and consistent temperature regulation
- Elevated home comfort
- Better indoor air quality
- Savings on energy bills
When it’s time to install a new HVAC system in your Greenwood, IN home, our experts at Johnson Heating | Cooling | Plumbing are here to help.
Can I Afford To Install A New HVAC System?
The cost of installing a new HVAC system depends on the unit you choose, the size of your home, and whether you have existing ductwork. Regardless of your project’s cost, Johnson Heating | Cooling | Plumbing is dedicated to providing Greenwood homeowners with the best prices on top-quality HVAC products and services to fit your budget.
We recommend either the Carrier® Credit Card or Wells Fargo Home Projects Credit Card to allow you to purchase equipment today and pay for it over time. Once approved, you’ll enjoy convenient payment options, easy bill pay, and more!
Ready for a New HVAC System in Greenwood, IN?
Whether you’re planning ahead or responding to an unexpected breakdown, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our experts at Johnson Heating | Cooling | Plumbing. We’re ready to provide you with prompt, professional HVAC installation services tailored to your needs and budget.