Air Conditioner Repair
RELAX, WE'RE ON THE WAY
Call (317) 881-7738 anytime... day or night!
Count on Johnson for 24/7 Emergency Air Conditioning Repair Services in Greenwood
No matter what the problem with your plumbing or HVAC system is or what time of the day or night you call us.
Whether it’s the fourth of July or muggy midnight, our team of HVAC service professionals will take your call. Our 24-hour service means that whenever you encounter an issue with your HVAC or plumbing system, we’ll be able to come out quickly and handle the issue.
How Much Will Repairing My Air Conditioning Unit Cost?
The costs that you’ll have to undergo to repair your air conditioning unit will depend on multiple factors, including how old and the condition of the unit.
Some older air conditioners use R-22 or freon which is no longer used in newer units. If your system has a freon leak, it can be very expensive to top off. The amount of time it takes to figure out what the problem is, the time of repair, and the cost of any parts that might be necessary to complete a repair are all additional factors that could influence the cost.
With so many different issues in mind, it can be difficult to figure out a precise number for repair costs, since some might be diagnosed quickly and some might take more time to effectively address. The team at Johnson Heating | Cooling | Plumbing is committed to honest practices. We’ll fix your air conditioning issue fast, at a price that’s competitive with any other repair!
Common Signs You Need Air Conditioning Repairs
Knowing what’s a normal thing for an air conditioner to do, and what is an issue is important to help you figure out when you need repairs. If you notice any of the following issues, call for professional service.
- Unit Emits Strong Odors When it Runs – An odor in your home isn’t just embarrassing, it can be hazardous to your health. If your home smells like old gym socks, it’s likely there is mold growing in your system. If you smell something burning when your air conditioner is running, it could be an electrical issue. Turn off your cooling system and call for HVAC repairs.
- Warm Air Coming From Vents – If your house seems hot even with the air conditioning system on, put your hand towards the vents to see if you can feel the cool air. If you feel warm air blowing from your vents, check to make sure your thermostat is on “cool” and not “heat.” If it is set correctly, it might be low on refrigerant.
- Inconsistent Temperatures – Your house should be the same temperature throughout. Rooms that are warmer or colder than others could be caused by a struggling air conditioning system.
- Short Cycling – Short cycling is when your HVAC unit runs in very short bursts and doesn’t cool your home. This can be very damaging to your system and you should call for HVAC services in Greenwood right away.
- Running Constantly – An air conditioner that seems like it’s running constantly could be caused by a number of issues. A faulty thermostat, a unit that is too small for the space it’s cooling, or a broken sensor. The professional technicians at Johnson are happy to troubleshoot the issues and provide the HVAC repair that you need to solve the problem.
The Importance of Regular Air Conditioning Maintenance
During the summer, it can be an enormous hassle to repair or replace your air conditioning unit if it stops working.
Aside from going without air conditioning, if your unit has reached the point of failure then it might cost more to repair. Tune-ups can help prevent breakdowns and also lower your energy bills overall. By tightening loose bolts, reducing or addressing dust buildup, and increasing efficiency, you’ll have a cooler home that’s less expensive to power. Save money in the long run, and maintain your air conditioning unit annually.
How Do I Know If I Need an Air Conditioning Replacement?
Many homeowners, especially those who take good care of their air conditioners, are surprised when their system stops working properly.
Cooling systems that are over 10 years old and have needed frequent repairs should probably be replaced. If you call an HVAC company and they tell you that a major component of your system has broken like the blower fan or the compressor, then it might make more sense economically to talk to them about replacement services rather than continue to pay for repairs.
Johnson Heating | Cooling | Plumbing won’t try to sell you a new system, such as a central air conditioner or heat pump, before you need to. We will make what air conditioner repair is needed to get your system running again. If your system is less than 10 years old and hasn’t needed many repairs in the past. You don’t need an air conditioning installation service. Making the repair should restore your system to proper working order again.
Why You Can Trust Johnson for Greenwood Air Conditioner Repair Services
The team members and technicians with Johnson Heating | Cooling | Plumbing have the know-how to repair your air conditioning unit and get your cooling system issues under control.
With other heating and cooling companies, you might have to wait for an extended amount of time for a repair service to come out, only to experience below-par service with high prices. The Johnson Heating | Cooling | Plumbing team has plenty of experience, having served Greenwood and Central Indiana since 1968.
We always operate with the goal of serving you as quickly and efficiently as possible, and our fast and reliable service is competitively priced in order to make sure your needs are met.
No matter when you call Johnson Heating | Cooling | Plumbing, an expert technician from our team will come to your home to provide repairs and be sure that you stay as cool and comfortable as possible. We’re one of the most trusted air conditioning service partners in Central Indiana, and we’ll be able to quickly figure out what the problem is and come out to your house to fix the issue. If the issue is severe enough that fixing it isn’t a really cost-efficient option, then we’ll be able to help you figure out a replacement that will work to fit your needs.
Call Johnson Today to See Why So Many Greenwood Area Residents Trust Us
Don’t suffer in the heat this summer. Johnson Heating | Cooling | Plumbing is your best bet for a quick response and quality work on air conditioner repair service in Greenwood, Indiana. Experience the Johnson difference for yourself and call us today to schedule an appointment.