If you’re looking for a company to provide HVAC service, repair, or installation you can depend on in Indianapolis, Indiana, then you need to get know Johnson Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing. When you hire us to meet your commercial or residential HVAC needs, you’re taking on a trusted partner that has been a family-owned and family-operated business in this area since 1968! Every technician on our staff is an expert who will provide service with a smile and get the job done right. Call us at 317-881-7738 for all your HVAC needs!
The Beauty of HVAC Systems is Integrated Climate Control
If you’ve ever wondered the heck HVAC means but were afraid to ask, we’ll lay it out right here for you: It’s an acronym that stands for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (AC). It’s composed of a system of ductwork that delivers heated air throughout the building during colder winter weather, and cooled air during summers with warmer weather, while also controlling building ventilation by bringing fresh air from the outside into the building. So an HVAC system takes care of all three aspects of indoor climate and air quality control: It’s your heating system, cooling system, and ventilation system all rolled into one. Now you know! Johnson Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing can provide all the HVAC services you’ll ever need, including installation, repair, and maintenance.
HVAC Systems are More Important Now than Ever Before
There’s nothing quite like a global pandemic to get everyone thinking about health and safety like never before. With the novel coronavirus and COVID-19 outbreak continuing to worsen in many parts of the country even as things try to open back up, it turns out the HVAC systems have a vital role to play. When people have to spend a lot of time together in an enclosed area, the risk of virus transmission goes up significantly. But HVAC systems can help quite a lot as per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 Employer Information for Office Buildings, which recommend the following:
Consider taking steps to improve ventilation in the building, in consultation with an HVAC professional, based on local environmental conditions (temperature/humidity) and ongoing community transmission in the area:
- Increase the percentage of outdoor air, (e.g., using economizer modes of HVAC operations) potentially as high as 100% (first verify compatibility with HVAC system capabilities for both temperature and humidity control as well as compatibility with outdoor/indoor air quality considerations).
- Increase total airflow supply to occupied spaces, if possible.
- Disable demand-control ventilation (DCV) controls that reduce air supply based on temperature or occupancy.
- Consider using natural ventilation (i.e., opening windows if possible and safe to do so) to increase outdoor air dilution of indoor air when environmental conditions and building requirements allow.
- Improve central air filtration: Increase air filtration to as high as possible without significantly diminishing design airflow. Inspect filter housing and racks to ensure appropriate filter fit and check for ways to minimize filter bypass.
- Consider running the HVAC system at maximum outside airflow for 2 hours before and after occupied times, in accordance with industry standards.
- Generate clean-to-less-clean air movements by re-evaluating the positioning of supply and exhaust air diffusers and/or dampers and adjusting zone supply and exhaust flow rates to establish measurable pressure differentials. Have staff work in “clean” ventilation zones that do not include higher-risk areas such as visitor reception or exercise facilities (if open).
As you can see, making the above adjustments is not something just anyone can do. You need a licensed, expert HVAC technician to help with this, and Johnson Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing is ready to assist! We’ve been fielding a lot of HVAC calls lately, and we’re always happy to provide free quotes to anyone looking to make adjustments to their system or schedule a maintenance service.
The Real Key to HVAC Systems is Maintenance
Regular service by a professional technician is essential to any HVAC system if you want to keep it in tip-top shape so your indoor environment will be comfortable whatever the seasonal weather may be. Our HVAC services include inspection, repair, maintenance, and specific adjustments for current pandemic conditions.
An HVAC system that breaks down or doesn’t work right should be addressed as quickly as possible, and you can count on rapid service from Johnson. A highly skilled and fully licensed technician who is an expert in problem-solving and service with a smile will be on the job in no time to address your issues. Our goal is always to ensure the comfort, health, and safety of families at home, or your employees and customers in a business or commercial site. This is not the time to rely on some franchise plumbing outfit more concerned about getting to the next job than really solving your problems or meeting your needs, or the inexperienced independent plumber who doesn’t fully grasp the technical complexities of HVAC systems. You want a company that has spent decades honing its expertise and customer service, and that’s what Johnson Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing is all about!
How to Choose an HVAC Service Provider
After being in business for decades and working with hundreds and even thousands of HVAC systems and customers, we’ve learned quite a lot along the way, including the following, all of which will help you find the right HVAC service provider:
- How well do they listen? We’ve discovered that HVAC customers tend to know more about what they want than you might think, so really listening to customers and their needs is paramount.
- Frequency of communication: If you establish a long-running partnership with an HVAC service provider, both sides can become apathetic about communicating about needs and keeping things up-to-date. You want to know your provider will be in touch with on a regular basis.
- Consider more than the price: Of course you want pricing to be affordable, but if all you do is select the lowest quote, you could end up getting what you pay for. Competitive pricing is important, but you also want to look at references, the provider’s history, customer reviews from unbiased sites, and so to make the best choice possible.
We think you’ll find that Johnson Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing holds up very well to all three points we’ve raised above.
Want it Fixed Right Every Time? Call Johnson Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing!
In addition to HVAC services, we provide a full range of furnace, air conditioning, and plumbing services to both residential and commercial customers. We’ve built a solid reputation serving the needs of companies of every industry and homeowners throughout the greater metropolitan Indianapolis area. Our customers use words like reliable, dependable, and professional when describing us. See for yourself in the kinds of customer reviews we get on Yelp, Facebook, and Angie’s List. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay in the loop about what’s happening and take advantage of special discounts. If you’re ready to work with a trusted partner to meet your HVAC service needs, including emergency service, or if you have a question or want more information, call us at 317-881-7738!