Air Handler Repair
RELAX, WE'RE ON THE WAY
Call (317) 881-7738 anytime... day or night!
Do These Issues Sound Familiar? Then You Need Air Handler Repairs
Your air handler is an important part of your home or business’ heating and cooling system. Without your air handler, your system would not function properly. Here are some of the most common signs your air handler needs repair.
- Weak Airflow. If the air coming from your vents is low, then it might be an air handler issue. Weak airflow is commonly caused by dirty air filters. Try changing your air filter to see if that improves the airflow in your home. If it does not, then call Johnson for help.
- Unpleasant Odors. A musty smell when your air handler is running is a common sign that there is mold or mildew growing in the system. Turn off the system right away, and do not turn it on again until the issue has been addressed.
- High Energy Bills. Higher than normal energy usage during the same period as last year without abnormal temperature fluctuations is a sign that your system is struggling. A broken system will use more energy to produce conditioned air.
- Short Cycling. Short cycling occurs when your system starts and stops again quickly without properly heating or cooling your home. This can be taxing on your system and your energy bills. The sooner you have a short cycling issue addressed, the sooner your home will be comfortable.
- Unusual Noises. Grinding and rattling noises are common signs of worn components or loose parts that need to be secured.
- Water Leaks. Seeing water leaks around your unit could mean that the condensate drain is broken or damaged. You’ll want to have this fixed right away as excess moisture in your system can cause mold growth.
Why Calling Johnson For Air Handler Repairs is Worth It
Many people hope that when they notice something strange about their HVAC system, it will go away on its own. That is often never the case. It is important that you have your system repaired as soon as you notice issues to avoid more problems from developing.
Once something has broken in an air handler, other parts of the system will work harder to make up for the issue. This will cause extra stress on these components, which makes them more susceptible to breaking down. Not only will the added work cause your energy bills to rise, but more broken parts often mean higher repair costs. If your system is older than 10 years and you have multiple parts broken at once, it might make more sense to replace the whole system rather than repair it.
You can save yourself a lot of money and discomfort by addressing issues as soon as you notice them. Oftentimes, the little issue that you’ve noticed with your air handler can be fixed very affordably. By investing in repairs early, you can help improve the life of your system so it could last even longer than you expect it to. Plus, timely repairs will make your home feel comfortable again. Repairs are often worth the time and effort; you just need to pay attention to the issues you’re experiencing.
Talk to Johnson for All Your Air Handler Needs
Throughout the life of your home’s comfort system, you can always count on Johnson Heating | Cooling | Plumbing for reliable repairs, maintenance, and replacement services. Regardless of the brand of system you have, Johnson can provide you with the services you need to restore comfort to your home.
Every year, you should have annual maintenance performed on your heating and cooling systems. If you have a heat pump, you should have it tuned up twice per year. During this tune up appointment, the team at Johnson will inspect your air handler and make sure that it is working properly. Eventually, all HVAC systems will reach the end of their service life. If that is the case for your system, you can also turn to Johnson to replace your air handler. Our team will work with you to weigh all of your options so you can make a choice that makes the best sense for your home and budget.
Johnson can also provide HVAC services for property managers and business owners in the Greenwood, IN area, including commercial air handler repair services.
Schedule an Appointment with Johnson in Greenwood, IN Today
Johnson Heating | Cooling | Plumbing has been serving the Greenwood community for over 50 years. Our service team is happy to help solve a variety of home and commercial comfort issues. Whether it’s for your furnace, air conditioning system, or air handler, Johnson has the knowledge and experience to get the job done right the first time. Our customer reviews say it all. Many of them appreciate our dedication to our customer’s needs and our attention to detail. If you need help, call Johnson today to schedule an appointment.